List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Dykman Date:February 9 2012 4:52pm
Subject:Re: Tuning mysql
View as plain text
Good advice, all of it.  What hasn't been said and should be noted: in
most cases, the bottleneck is the queries themselves.  You will
generally get a lot more boost from tuning those than from any
configuration tweaking (excepting the pathological cases).

 - michael dykman

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 10:52 AM, Giovanni Bechis <bigio@stripped> wrote:
> Grant <emailgrant@stripped> wrote:
>> I'm running mysql on Gentoo with 4GB RAM and I'm wondering if I should
>> change any settings.  I'm using mysql with a website on the same
>> server so I have skip-networking, and I increased key_buffer and
>> innodb_buffer_pool_size from 16M to 256M.  Everything else is default.
>> Should I consider changing these or any other settings?
>>
> pt-variable-advisor from percona-toolkit
> (http://www.percona.com/downloads/percona-toolkit/2.0.3/)
>  Giovanni
> --
> /*
>  * SnB - Hosting and software solutions
>  * http://www.snb.it
>  */

 - michael dykman
 - mdykman@stripped

 May the Source be with you.
Thread
Tuning mysqlGrant6 Feb
  • Re: Tuning mysqlReindl Harald6 Feb
  • Re: Tuning mysqlLuis Motta Campos8 Feb
  • Re: Tuning mysqlGiovanni Bechis9 Feb
    • Re: Tuning mysqlMichael Dykman9 Feb