List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:February 8 2012 2:07pm
Subject:Re: Reading Schema From a MSSQL Dump on a Mac (or Linux)
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----

> From: "Stan Iverson" <iversonstan@stripped>

> Yes, it's a binary file; however, MySQL Connector for ODBC only works
> in Windows and I'm using a Mac. If no other solutions, will try
> tomorrow on a friend's PC.

If it's binary, you're gonna have no other choice but to restore the files on an actual MS
SQL server. You may or may not be able to run one in Parallels, I've never tried it.

Once you've restored it, you can use the ODBC connector on that windows machine to connect
to your MySQL server, and use a data migration job to pump over your data.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Thread
Reading Schema From a MSSQL Dump on a Mac (or Linux)Stan Iverson3 Feb
  • Re: Reading Schema From a MSSQL Dump on a Mac (or Linux)Wendell Turner3 Feb
    • Re: Reading Schema From a MSSQL Dump on a Mac (or Linux)Stan Iverson3 Feb
      • Re: Reading Schema From a MSSQL Dump on a Mac (or Linux)Wendell Turner3 Feb
  • Re: Reading Schema From a MSSQL Dump on a Mac (or Linux)Johan De Meersman3 Feb
    • Re: Reading Schema From a MSSQL Dump on a Mac (or Linux)Stan Iverson4 Feb
      • Re: Reading Schema From a MSSQL Dump on a Mac (or Linux)MySQL)6 Feb
      • Re: Reading Schema From a MSSQL Dump on a Mac (or Linux)Johan De Meersman8 Feb