List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Tate-Davies Date:February 6 2012 2:42pm
Subject:Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safe
View as plain text
On 06/02/12 14:34, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 06.02.2012 15:28, schrieb Chris Tate-Davies:
>> On 06/02/12 13:33, Larry Martell wrote:

>>> When would I use that? If I try to start it with 'service mysqld
>>> start' it fails to start.
>>>
>>  From terminal command...
>>
>> just try typing it, like this:
>>
>> mysql --verbose -u<username>  -p<password>
> and how can this help if mysqld does not start?
I am hoping it will verbose any errors to the terminal.

--

*Chris Tate-Davies*

*Software Development*
Inflight Productions Ltd
Telephone: 01295 269 680
15 Stukeley Street | London | WC2B 5LT
*Email:*chris.tatedavies@stripped
<mailto:chris.tatedavies@stripped>
*Web:*www.inflightproductions.com <http://www.inflightproductions.com/>

-----------------------------

Registered Office: 15 Stukeley Street, London WC2B 5LT, England.
Registered in England number 1421223

or otherwise private information. If you have received it in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the email by you is
prohibited. Please note that the information provided in this e-mail is in any case not
legally binding; all committing statements require legally binding signatures.

http://www.inflightproductions.com

Thread
mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeLarry Martell5 Feb
  • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeChris Tate-Davies6 Feb
    • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeLarry Martell6 Feb
      • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeChris Tate-Davies6 Feb
        • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeReindl Harald6 Feb
          • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeLarry Martell6 Feb
          • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeChris Tate-Davies6 Feb
            • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeLarry Martell6 Feb
        • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeLarry Martell6 Feb
  • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeMySQL)6 Feb
    • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeLarry Martell6 Feb
      • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeMichael Dykman6 Feb
  • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeFrédéric Descamps6 Feb