List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Larry Martell Date:February 6 2012 2:43pm
Subject:Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safe
View as plain text
On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 7:28 AM, Chris Tate-Davies
<chris.tatedavies@stripped> wrote:
> On 06/02/12 13:33, Larry Martell wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 2:38 AM, Chris Tate-Davies
>> <chris.tatedavies@stripped>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Have you tried:
>>>
>>> mysql --verbose -u<username>  -p<password>
>>>
>>> To output more information
>>
>> When would I use that? If I try to start it with 'service mysqld
>> start' it fails to start.
>>

> From terminal command...
>
> just try typing it, like this:
>

> mysql --verbose -u <username> -p<password>

The server will not start, so that gives:

ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

As one would expect if the server is not up.

-larry

> [FAILED]

>>> --
>>>
>>> *Chris Tate-Davies*
>>>
>>> *Software Development*
>>> Inflight Productions Ltd
>>> Telephone: 01295 269 680
>>> 15 Stukeley Street | London | WC2B 5LT
>>> *Email:*chris.tatedavies@stripped
>>> <mailto:chris.tatedavies@stripped>
>>> *Web:*www.inflightproductions.com<http://www.inflightproductions.com/>
>>>

>>> -----------------------------
>>>

>>> Registered Office: 15 Stukeley Street, London WC2B 5LT, England.
>>> Registered in England number 1421223
>>>
>>> This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain
>>> privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have
>>> received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the
>>> original. Any other use of the email by you is prohibited. Please note
>>> that
>>> the information provided in this e-mail is in any case not legally
>>> binding;
>>> all committing statements require legally binding signatures.
>>>

>>> http://www.inflightproductions.com
>>>

> --
>
> *Chris Tate-Davies*
>
> *Software Development*
> Inflight Productions Ltd
> Telephone: 01295 269 680
> 15 Stukeley Street | London | WC2B 5LT
> *Email:*chris.tatedavies@stripped
> <mailto:chris.tatedavies@stripped>
> *Web:*www.inflightproductions.com <http://www.inflightproductions.com/>
>

> -----------------------------
>

> Registered Office: 15 Stukeley Street, London WC2B 5LT, England.
> Registered in England number 1421223

> original. Any other use of the email by you is prohibited. Please note that
> the information provided in this e-mail is in any case not legally binding;
> all committing statements require legally binding signatures.
>

> http://www.inflightproductions.com

Thread
mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeLarry Martell5 Feb
  • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeChris Tate-Davies6 Feb
    • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeLarry Martell6 Feb
      • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeChris Tate-Davies6 Feb
        • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeReindl Harald6 Feb
          • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeLarry Martell6 Feb
          • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeChris Tate-Davies6 Feb
            • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeLarry Martell6 Feb
        • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeLarry Martell6 Feb
  • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeMySQL)6 Feb
    • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeLarry Martell6 Feb
      • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeMichael Dykman6 Feb
  • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeFrédéric Descamps6 Feb