List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Larry Martell Date:February 6 2012 1:33pm
Subject:Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safe
View as plain text
On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 2:38 AM, Chris Tate-Davies
<chris.tatedavies@stripped> wrote:
> Have you tried:
>
> mysql --verbose -u <username> -p<password>
>
> To output more information

When would I use that? If I try to start it with 'service mysqld
start' it fails to start.

> On 05/02/12 00:57, Larry Martell wrote:
>>
>> Just installed mysql on centos 6.2. When I try to start it with service I
>> get:
>>
>> #service mysqld start
>> MySQL Daemon failed to start.
>> Starting mysqld:
>
> [FAILED]
>>
>> Nothing at all is written to the error log.
>>
>> But if I start it with mysqld_safe it comes up and works fine.
>>
>> Anyone know what could be going on here?
>>
>> -larry
>>

> --
>
> *Chris Tate-Davies*
>
> *Software Development*
> Inflight Productions Ltd
> Telephone: 01295 269 680
> 15 Stukeley Street | London | WC2B 5LT
> *Email:*chris.tatedavies@stripped
> <mailto:chris.tatedavies@stripped>
> *Web:*www.inflightproductions.com <http://www.inflightproductions.com/>
>

> -----------------------------
>

> Registered Office: 15 Stukeley Street, London WC2B 5LT, England.
> Registered in England number 1421223

> original. Any other use of the email by you is prohibited. Please note that
> the information provided in this e-mail is in any case not legally binding;
> all committing statements require legally binding signatures.
>

> http://www.inflightproductions.com

Thread
mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeLarry Martell5 Feb
  • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeChris Tate-Davies6 Feb
    • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeLarry Martell6 Feb
      • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeChris Tate-Davies6 Feb
        • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeReindl Harald6 Feb
          • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeLarry Martell6 Feb
          • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeChris Tate-Davies6 Feb
            • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeLarry Martell6 Feb
        • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeLarry Martell6 Feb
  • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeMySQL)6 Feb
    • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeLarry Martell6 Feb
      • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeMichael Dykman6 Feb
  • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeFrédéric Descamps6 Feb