List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Dykman Date:February 6 2012 5:21am
Subject:Re: how to changing default '-' character in Datetime in MySQL?
View as plain text
You are right.  It seems to have fallen into disuse since I used it last.

At any rate, the format does not affect storage.  I, like most others,
generally specify the format using the date_format function within the
queries themselves.  It is  more stable way to proceed anyhow;
otherwise, your code will tend to behave differently between different
servers.

 - michael

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 11:07 PM, Rajeev Prasad <rp.neuli@stripped> wrote:
> thx Michael,
>
> but the page says:
>
>        * date_format
> This variable is unused.
>        *    datetime_format
> This variable is unused.

 - michael dykman
 - mdykman@stripped

 May the Source be with you.
Thread
how to changing default '-' character in Datetime in MySQL?Rajeev Prasad5 Feb
  • Re: how to changing default '-' character in Datetime in MySQL?hsv5 Feb
    • Re: how to changing default '-' character in Datetime in MySQL?Michael Dykman6 Feb
      • Re: how to changing default '-' character in Datetime in MySQL?Rajeev Prasad6 Feb
        • Re: how to changing default '-' character in Datetime in MySQL?Michael Dykman6 Feb
          • Re: how to changing default '-' character in Datetime in MySQL?Peter Brawley6 Feb
            • Re: how to changing default '-' character in Datetime in MySQL?hsv6 Feb