List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Larry Martell Date:February 5 2012 12:57am
Subject:mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safe
View as plain text
Just installed mysql on centos 6.2. When I try to start it with service I get:

#service mysqld start
MySQL Daemon failed to start.
Starting mysqld:
                      [FAILED]

Nothing at all is written to the error log.

But if I start it with mysqld_safe it comes up and works fine.

Anyone know what could be going on here?

-larry
Thread
mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeLarry Martell5 Feb
  • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeChris Tate-Davies6 Feb
    • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeLarry Martell6 Feb
      • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeChris Tate-Davies6 Feb
        • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeReindl Harald6 Feb
          • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeLarry Martell6 Feb
          • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeChris Tate-Davies6 Feb
            • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeLarry Martell6 Feb
        • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeLarry Martell6 Feb
  • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeMySQL)6 Feb
    • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeLarry Martell6 Feb
      • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeMichael Dykman6 Feb
  • Re: mysql won't start with service, but starts with mysqld_safeFrédéric Descamps6 Feb