List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wendell Turner Date:February 3 2012 3:02pm
Subject:Re: Reading Schema From a MSSQL Dump on a Mac (or Linux)
View as plain text
If you only need to view the schema, and not load the data, you could open the dump file
using a text editor like BBedit or TextWrangler (you would have to Google the websites as
I am away from my desk right now).

Wendell Turner
--------------------
+44(0) 777 164 6532
wendellrt@stripped
"There is a profound difference between doing things right and doing the right things."
---------------------

On 3 Feb 2012, at 02:20 PM, Stan Iverson <iversonstan@stripped> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Wendell Turner <wendellrt@stripped> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> On a Mac, you could use...
> * SequelPro <http://www.sequelpro.com/>
>
> It appears one has to have a database up and running to open the backup. I can get
> MySQL running, but, again, the backup is of a MSSQL database. I don't have MSSQL installed
> on either my Mac or my Linux server. I want to read the table schema. This doesn't appear
> to be a viable option.
>
> or one of the Navicat products...
> <http://www.navicat.com/en/download/download.html>
>
> Site is currently not serving.
> Please advise.
> TIA,
> Stan

Thread
Reading Schema From a MSSQL Dump on a Mac (or Linux)Stan Iverson3 Feb
  • Re: Reading Schema From a MSSQL Dump on a Mac (or Linux)Wendell Turner3 Feb
    • Re: Reading Schema From a MSSQL Dump on a Mac (or Linux)Stan Iverson3 Feb
      • Re: Reading Schema From a MSSQL Dump on a Mac (or Linux)Wendell Turner3 Feb
  • Re: Reading Schema From a MSSQL Dump on a Mac (or Linux)Johan De Meersman3 Feb
    • Re: Reading Schema From a MSSQL Dump on a Mac (or Linux)Stan Iverson4 Feb
      • Re: Reading Schema From a MSSQL Dump on a Mac (or Linux)MySQL)6 Feb
      • Re: Reading Schema From a MSSQL Dump on a Mac (or Linux)Johan De Meersman8 Feb