List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Darrell Shifflett Date:April 22 1999 9:33pm
Subject:Cannot find mysql.h?
View as plain text
prompt> rpm -q MySQL
MySQL-3.22.21-1
OS: Linux Redhat 5.2  2.0.36

I am trying to install Msql-Mysql-modules-1.2017.tar.gz
When invoking: perl Makefile.PL  i get asked for: where is your mysql
installed, it defaults to /usr/local but installing from an rpm
mysql is installed in /var/lib/mysql. It tries to find mysql.h ... which
is NO where on my system. Is there a disadvantage to installing from
a rpm to a MySQL tarball? Seems like a lot of modules want to find mysql.h
header :(.

Thanks in advance,

                                           \\|//
                            ___________ooO_(o"o)_OoO__________
Darrell Shifflett          |                (_)               |
Self Proposed              |   Sometimes the simplest things  |
Linux Freak & PERL Lover   |    in life are often the best    |
                           |                  - Diethyl       |
bluez@stripped         |___________oooO_____Oooo__________|
http://www.BLUEZnet.com                (  )/    ( ,)

Thread
Cannot find mysql.h?Darrell Shifflett23 Apr
  • Re: Cannot find mysql.h?Thimble Smith23 Apr
Re: Cannot find mysql.h?Fred Lindberg23 Apr