List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Carl Kabbe Date:January 30 2012 9:23am
Subject:Re: Converting Microsoft SQL database to MySQL
View as plain text
I do this quite frequently.  In our case, we are converting competitors data so the
process is to use Navicat (premium) to bring the data from MSSQL to MySQL (in the same
fields, etc.) and then use a program to convert it into our format so it will run on our
system.  The only thing I have had to do is add some indexes manually.

Thanks,

Carl

On Jan 30, 2012, at 2:06 AM, James wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am involved in a project to migrate our entire database from Microsoft
> SQL to MySQL.
>
> I would appreciate the help if anyone could share what tools will you
> recommend of converting SQL database to MySQL.
>
> Cheers.
> James

Thread
Converting Microsoft SQL database to MySQLJames30 Jan
  • Re: Converting Microsoft SQL database to MySQLCarl Kabbe30 Jan
    • Re: Converting Microsoft SQL database to MySQLJames30 Jan
  • Re: Converting Microsoft SQL database to MySQLhsv30 Jan
    • Re: Converting Microsoft SQL database to MySQLJohan De Meersman31 Jan
      • Re: MySQL-kind CSV; Converting Microsoft SQL database to MySQLhsv31 Jan
  • Re: Converting Microsoft SQL database to MySQLSQL Maestro Group31 Jan