List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jan Steinman Date:January 27 2012 5:55pm
Subject:Re: How to interrupt MySQL interpreter output?
View as plain text
> From: Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@stripped>
>
> If I see that a query is taking a long time to finish, how can I
> interrupt the MySQL CLI interpreter? Ctrl-C does not work. Thanks.

Does Ctrl-Z suspend the process? If so, you can then use the progression: "kill -INT
procnum; kill -QUIT procnum; kill -KILL procnum".

Never do a "kill -KILL" until you've tried other ways of stopping it. I wouldn't even put
it on the same command line like I showed above, as it may take some time for mysql(1) to
clean up and shut down properly, and signals are asynchronous.

----------------
"Fire" does not matter, "earth" and "air" and "water" do not matter. "I" do not matter. No
word matters. But man forgets reality and remembers words. The more words he remembers,
the cleverer do his fellows esteem him. He looks upon the great transformations of the
world, but he does not see them as they were seen when man looked upon reality for the
first time. Their names come to his lips and he smiles as he tastes them, thinking he
knows them in the naming. -- Siddartha

How to interrupt MySQL interpreter output?Dotan Cohen26 Jan
  • Re: How to interrupt MySQL interpreter output?Suresh Kuna27 Jan
    • Re: How to interrupt MySQL interpreter output?P.R.Karthik27 Jan
      • Re: How to interrupt MySQL interpreter output?Johan De Meersman27 Jan
Re: How to interrupt MySQL interpreter output?Jan Steinman27 Jan