List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:walter harms Date:January 27 2012 12:17pm
Subject:Re: Script for cleaning data on a regular basis
View as plain text

Am 26.01.2012 18:45, schrieb HalXsz SXndor:
> Database contains
> tables (structures?) which gets montly data , and these tables are
> named as
>
> name1_name2_ yearmonth . I only want to have the whole database system
> for last 2 years, and automaticly clean the data which became more
> than 2 years old , so i need a script for this (shell, php etc) . Can
> you please help me for this script ? and also which mysql command must
> be used drop, trunk?
> <<<<<<<<
> You can, if you are careful, write an SQL procedure for dropping the appropriate
> tables. Since MySQL has no table variables, if you do this you will need PREPARE.
>
> Therefore, it well may be easier to do it all in PHP, since therewith you can
> construct statements. The statement "SHOW TABLES" is also a reference to table
> INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES; maybe you can use "SHOW TABLES" for a SELECT statement in PHP;
> if not, try INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES for their names.

This is simple,
consult your manual about crontab.
and start a script like that:

#!/bin/bash

mysql -BAN database <<EOF

 place my great sql-statemant here ....
 If you need some additional informationen like $HOME
 you can use it also

EOF

If something goes wrong a mail will be send to the owner (details
see man 5 crontab)

re,
 wh
Thread
Script for cleaning data on a regular basisa bv26 Jan
  • Re: Script for cleaning data on a regular basishsv26 Jan
    • Re: Script for cleaning data on a regular basisJohan De Meersman27 Jan
      • Re: Script for cleaning data on a regular basisKaren Abgarian27 Jan
    • Re: Script for cleaning data on a regular basiswalter harms27 Jan