List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:January 27 2012 11:08am
Subject:Re: Script for cleaning data on a regular basis
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Halász Sándor" <hsv@stripped>
>
> Therefore, it well may be easier to do it all in PHP, since therewith

I agree with the assessment, but I take issue with this whole "do it in
PHP/Python/language-of-the-month".

Why would I want to install PHP, Python or whatever on a database server? The art of Bash
programming is far from dead, and it behooves any decent administrator to have at least
some basic knowledge. Bash is literally on almost every system you're likely to run MySQL
on, and it's capabilities probably far exceed what you think it can do.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn