List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Todd Lyons Date:January 25 2012 2:42pm
Subject:Re: RES: Force drop table
View as plain text
2012/1/24 Suporte Avanutri <suporte2@stripped>:
> I've tried this before, but the server stills going down. The first error is always
> this:
>
> Couldn't execute 'SELECT /*!40001 SQL_NO_CACHE */* FROM 'usuario': Lost connection to
> MySQL server during query (2013)

What's likely happening here is that the access to the table is
causing a fatal error inside your mysql daemon, it dies and restarts,
resulting in the log messages you see about mysql not being shut down
properly and doing a crash recovery.  The followup suggestion was for
you to put "innodb_force_recovery=1" in your my.cnf and restart it,
but that didn't work for you.  The value that you pass to
innodb_force_recovery controls how much of the innodb startup / crash
recovery process to use.  The gory details are at
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/forcing-innodb-recovery.html .
Valid values are between 1 and 6.

For example, I shut down my mysql daemon, I make a copy of my
corrupted database at /var/lib/mysql/ into /var/lib/mysql_tmp/, and
then manually start the mysql daemon in the foreground with this:
su - mysql -c '/usr/libexec/mysqld --innodb_force_recovery=6 --datadir
/var/lib/mysql_tmp/'

It simply sounds like you need to find the appropriate value to use to
make your data accessible.

Regards...          Todd
--
SOPA: Any attempt to [use legal means to] reverse technological
advances is doomed.  --Leo Leporte
Thread
Force drop tableSuporte Avanutri24 Jan
  • RE: Force drop tableShafi AHMED24 Jan
  • RES: Force drop tableSuporte Avanutri24 Jan
    • Re: RES: Force drop tableJohan De Meersman24 Jan
      • RES: RES: Force drop tableSuporte Avanutri24 Jan
        • Re: RES: Force drop tableSuresh Kuna25 Jan
          • RES: RES: Force drop tableSuporte Avanutri25 Jan
            • Re: RES: RES: Force drop tableJohan De Meersman25 Jan
              • RES: RES: RES: Force drop tableSuporte Avanutri26 Jan
                • Re: RES: RES: Force drop tableTodd Lyons26 Jan
                  • Re: RES: RES: Force drop tableJohan De Meersman26 Jan
                    • RES: RES: RES: Force drop tableSuporte Avanutri26 Jan
        • Re: RES: Force drop tableTodd Lyons25 Jan
          • Re: RES: Force drop tableTodd Lyons25 Jan