List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:January 24 2012 2:51pm
Subject:Re: ERROR 1146 (42S02): Table doesn't exist
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Adarsh Sharma" <adarsh.sharma@stripped>
>
> 1. Go to data dir : cd /hdd2-1/mysql_data/
> 2. mv abc abc1

Whatever gave you the idea that it's a good plan to start messing with the files of a
service whose inner workings you have no clue about?

> ERROR 1146 (42S02): Table 'abc1.job_queue' doesn't exist

Fancy, isn't it?

> I tried to roll back my procedure by mv abc1 abc but still problem
> occurs.

Yeps. That's the wonderful world of metadata caching for you. Restart your MySQL daemon
and pray to whatever you believe in that your tables aren't *too* much corrupted.

In the future, stay inside MySQL. Create a new database named to your liking, and repeat
RENAME TABLE old-database.tablename TO new-database.tablename for every table in the
database. Don't forget to update the relevant users' permissions, too. No, there is no
RENAME DATABASE command for various reasons, some of which are explained in the quite
excellent online documentation which, incidentally, would have told you that you were
going to mess up your database.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn