List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tim Johnson Date:January 19 2012 1:20am
Subject:Re: Editing/form interface
View as plain text
* Claudio Nanni <claudio.nanni@stripped> [120118 15:49]:
> Hi Tim,
  Hi Again Claudio:
> Excuse me but still I don't understand exactly what is the product you want
> to build.
  I'm sorry, I'm not expressing myself well, I know it!
  I build all sorts of web-based products...
> One thing is a tool (IDE) to work and one thing is the product you build.
>
> Some questions to understand:
> You ask for a tool name or a general question?
  Basically, I was inquiring as to whether there
  was a way to
  1)Connect to a MySQL database
    then:
  2)A wizard or a design tool to build an input form for a particular table.
    Just as MS-Access or OpenOffice Base can do. (See my answer to
	Michael)
	then:
  3)Save form as an HTML form
  Experimenting with OpenOffice has been unsatisfactory.
  As for MS-Access, I no longer use Windows (linux and Mac), nor do
  I currently have a market for work on Windows.

> What are exactly the "mysql editing features" ?
  That is a general description. Like many web developers I
  use/develop HTML forms to edit MySQL databases.

> What are your "my view templates" ?
  ** Source documents for my MVC view templates **
  I use my own framework. It is derived by myself and used only for
  my clients or for my own apps.

> And again, are you building a client-server architecture
> application or a web based?

  Sorry. Web based.

  I appreciate your help, but I believe that I can easily develop the tool
  that I need.

  It would connect to MySQL with a specific table - column names
  optional - as a parameter and produce an input form - I could do
  in good time, but since I am self-employed, time is money for me,
  thus I looked for a shortcut and it appears none is available that
  would suit me:

  Since a I use a special markup for Javascript validation, I
  would have to add that by hand. My tool, since it would
  "understand" my framework could add most of the markup.

  thanks again
--
Tim
http://www.akwebsoft.com
          • Re: Editing/form interfaceTim Johnson19 Jan
    • Re: Editing/form interfaceTim Johnson19 Jan
      • Re: Editing/form interfaceMichael Dykman19 Jan
        • Re: Editing/form interfaceTim Johnson19 Jan
          • Re: Editing/form interfaceArthur Fuller19 Jan
            • Re: Editing/form interfaceTim Johnson19 Jan