List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Dykman Date:January 19 2012 12:17am
Subject:Re: Editing/form interface
View as plain text
Tim,

I'm a dyed-in-the-wool console user myself.  I find the GUI tools make
it quicker getting a project started, slower getting a project done
so, no, I can't recommend a thing.

 - michael

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 7:11 PM, Tim Johnson <tim@stripped> wrote:
> * Michael Dykman <mdykman@stripped> [120118 13:00]:
>> Mysql is a backend service and has no such application-level tools.
>>
>> You can, however, use MS-Access (or any other such tool) and use MySL
>> as a backend via an ODBC driver.
>  Thanks Michael. I have use MS-Access in the past, but we no longer
>  use Windows here. I've tried with Open Office, but it is not
>  nearly as kind to work with as Access. Do you have any other
>  recommendations?
> --
> Tim
> tim at tee jay forty nine dot com or akwebsoft dot com
> http://www.akwebsoft.com

 - michael dykman
 - mdykman@stripped

 May the Source be with you.
Thread
Editing/form interfaceTim Johnson18 Jan
  • Re: Editing/form interfaceMichael Dykman18 Jan
    • Re: Editing/form interfaceClaudio Nanni18 Jan
      • Re: Editing/form interfaceTim Johnson19 Jan
        • Re: Editing/form interfaceClaudio Nanni19 Jan
          • Re: Editing/form interfaceTim Johnson19 Jan
    • Re: Editing/form interfaceTim Johnson19 Jan
      • Re: Editing/form interfaceMichael Dykman19 Jan
        • Re: Editing/form interfaceTim Johnson19 Jan
          • Re: Editing/form interfaceArthur Fuller19 Jan
            • Re: Editing/form interfaceTim Johnson19 Jan