List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Haluk Karamete Date:January 17 2012 3:57am
Subject:Re: case insensitivity
View as plain text
Thank you for your reply... But isn't "like" very very slow in
comparison to a none-like straight search?

Isn't it an overkill for a case sensitivity issue?
It appears to me that like has its own usage arena and case
sensitivity issue won't just justify the use of it...

MSSQL can be configured to work in either mode. Isn't such a thing for mySQL?
For most of the time, I would not care about case-sensitivity. So I
won't mind configuring the entire mysql operation to be case
insensitive once and for all?

On another note, what harms do you see with that if any?