List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:January 16 2012 7:33pm
Subject:Re: Parent/Child - Linked List
View as plain text
On 1/16/2012 12:53 PM, bruce wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 1:52 PM, bruce<badouglas@stripped>  wrote:
>> Hey Authur.
>>
>> Should have been more clear. I've looked over a number of sites. And
>> with the exception of the the articles that talk about using the
>> "Nested List" approach, nowhere did I find data on how to get a
>> complete list of the child descendants of a given 'root'/top item from
>> the parent/child TBL.

Look again, eg listings 7 through 7d in
http://www.artfulsoftware.com/mysqlbook/sampler/mysqled1ch20.html.

PB

-----

>> Chunks of code/pointers would be seriously useful.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 12:18 PM, Arthur Fuller<fuller.artful@stripped>
> wrote:
>>> See the piece on trees at www.artfulsoftware.com. It goes into several
>>> variations of how to handle hierarchies.
>>>
>>> HTH,
>>> --
>>> Arthur
>>> Cell: 647.710.1314
>>>
>>> Prediction is difficult, especially of the future.
>>>    -- Neils Bohr

Thread
Parent/Child - Linked Listbruce16 Jan
  • Re: Parent/Child - Linked ListArthur Fuller16 Jan
Re: Parent/Child - Linked Listbruce16 Jan
  • Re: Parent/Child - Linked ListPeter Brawley16 Jan
Re: Parent/Child - Linked Listbruce16 Jan
  • Re: Parent/Child - Linked ListPeter Brawley17 Jan