List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Yu Watanabe Date:January 13 2012 3:27am
Subject:Setting up MySQL on D drive on Windows
View as plain text
Hi!

I would like to ask question about the instruction fo setting up MySQL environment
on D drive.

I have installed MySQL on D drive using MSI installer on following platform,

Windows 2008 R2
Mysql community edition 5.5.19

In this situation I would like to ask following question.

1. There are two data directories installed from the installer,

  A. D:\mysql\data
    and
  B. C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.5\data

  In order to use the data directory in D drive,
  do you need to overwrite above directory A with directory B?

2. Do you just only need to change the datadir value in the [mysqld] section
   in my.ini? Or do you need other changes?

It would be helpful if someone can introduce a good instruction for installing
Mysql environent on in D drive.

Thanks,
Yu

Thread
Setting up MySQL on D drive on Windows Yu Watanabe13 Jan
  • Re: Setting up MySQL on D drive on WindowsReindl Harald13 Jan