List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:January 4 2012 11:58pm
Subject:Re: (off topic) why PATH
View as plain text

Am 05.01.2012 00:52, schrieb Jan Steinman:
>> From: Reindl Harald <h.reindl@stripped>
>>
>> however: both "chroot" and "virtualization" has nothing to do with this whole
> topic, really nothing
>
> But that shouldn't keep someone from going off on an anti-Mac rant, no? :-)
> The OP was on a Mac, and it really doesn't help to tell them they have the wrong
> computer.

your opinion

our company used for many years Mac OSX on production servers
after enough people told me that i am using the wrong OS with
windows i decided to switch to linux and from this moment
on i had the possibility find out what poor OS MacOSX is

so two years later i started migrationof the whole company
away from Apple-X-Serve to Linux Guests on VMware ESXi amd
a year later this environement was increased to a VMware
HA-Cluster with a SAN-Storage and now since more than a
year we have the first time a professional infarstructure
instead of all the crap used years before

so yes, it may help to explain peopole that they are using
crap and it is their decision to learn of it if they hear
it often enough!

why does basic MySQLdump on db table fail with "Permission denied", or else it creates a zero KB fileGovinda29 Dec
  • Re: why does basic MySQLdump on db table fail with "Permission denied",or else it creates a zero KB fileAndy Wallace29 Dec
  • Re: why does basic MySQLdump on db table fail with "Permission denied",or else it creates a zero KB fileReindl Harald29 Dec
    • Re: why does basic MySQLdump on db table fail with "Permission denied", or else it creates a zero KB fileGovinda29 Dec
      • Re: why does basic MySQLdump on db table fail with "Permission denied",or else it creates a zero KB fileReindl Harald29 Dec
        • Re: (off topic) why PATHhsv1 Jan
          • Re: (off topic) why PATHReindl Harald1 Jan
            • Re: (off topic) why PATHClaudio Nanni1 Jan
              • Re: (off topic) why PATHReindl Harald1 Jan
              • Re: (off topic) why PATHJohan De Meersman1 Jan
                • Re: (off topic) why PATHClaudio Nanni1 Jan
                  • Re: (off topic) why PATHReindl Harald1 Jan
                    • Re: (off topic) why PATHClaudio Nanni1 Jan
                      • Re: (off topic) why PATHReindl Harald1 Jan
                • Re: (off topic) why PATHReindl Harald1 Jan
Re: why does basic MySQLdump on db table fail with "Permission denied", or else it creates a zero KB fileJan Steinman31 Dec
  • Re: why does basic MySQLdump on db table fail with "Permission denied",or else it creates a zero KB fileReindl Harald31 Dec
  • Re: why does basic MySQLdump on db table fail with "Permission denied", or else it creates a zero KB fileGovinda1 Jan
    • Re: why does basic MySQLdump on db table fail with "Permission denied", or else it creates a zero KB fileJan Steinman2 Jan
      • Re: why does basic MySQLdump on db table fail with "Permission denied", or else it creates a zero KB fileGovinda3 Jan
        • Re: why does basic MySQLdump on db table fail with "Permissiondenied", or else it creates a zero KB filehsv4 Jan
          • Re: why does basic MySQLdump on db table fail with "Permission denied", or else it creates a zero KB fileGovinda4 Jan
Re: (off topic) why PATHJan Steinman4 Jan
  • Re: (off topic) why PATHReindl Harald4 Jan