List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Claudio Nanni Date:December 31 2011 1:14pm
Subject:Re: Is ECC RAM necessary for MySQL server
View as plain text
Ryan,
My opinion here.
Any write to memory can go wrong,
OS , MySQL , Storage engines, client library and so on.
Innodb has some advanced mechanism for ACID compliance like the double
write buffer but these are mostly to assure durability. Memory failure
although not so frequent can still, in my opinion, corrupt anything
included Innodb buffers.
I would like the opinion of some other Innodb gurus.
Happy new year.
Claudio