List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:December 31 2011 1:13pm
Subject:Re: Is ECC RAM necessary for MySQL server
View as plain text

Am 31.12.2011 14:03, schrieb Ryan Chan:
> Assume I am using InnoDB, which is ACID compliant.
>
> Do I still need to use ECC RAM, in order to make sure there is no
> chance of data corruption due data write?

define "necessary"

what has this to do with InnoDB / ACID
if the underlying hardware makes a mistake there is no
software which can make this unhappen because the software
can not know that a "ok written" did never happen or did
not write the expected data

in my workstations i never used ECC-RAM, and hey i did not die
on production servers i would always use server hardware where
this normally is not a question

Is ECC RAM necessary for MySQL serverRyan Chan31 Dec
  • Re: Is ECC RAM necessary for MySQL serverReindl Harald31 Dec
  • Re: Is ECC RAM necessary for MySQL serverClaudio Nanni31 Dec
Re: Is ECC RAM necessary for MySQL serverWm Mussatto31 Dec