List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:December 29 2011 5:51pm
Subject:Re: mysql_secure_installation
View as plain text

Am 29.12.2011 18:42, schrieb Ryan Dewhurst:
> I would assume that MySQL is installed mostly on production servers
> rather than in class room environments.
>
> Wouldn't it make more sense for MySQL to be secure by default rather
> than insecure by default?

yes and no

yes because there are way too much peopole in positions
without the minimal knowledge of their job

no because if someone is a trustable admin he does
not only a default install without verify and audits

mysql_secure_installationRyan Dewhurst18 Dec
  • Re: mysql_secure_installationMySQL)27 Dec
    • Re: mysql_secure_installationRyan Dewhurst29 Dec
      • Re: mysql_secure_installationReindl Harald29 Dec