List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andy Wallace Date:December 29 2011 5:22pm
Subject:Re: why does basic MySQLdump on db table fail with "Permission denied",
or else it creates a zero KB file
View as plain text
I would suggest trying:

mysqldump -uroot -p myDBname myTableName > /tmp/myTestDumpedTable.sql

Maybe you don't have permission (or space) to write into /usr/local/mysql/bin. That would
be an unusual place for such files.

--
Andy Wallace
iHOUSEweb, Inc.
      • Re: why does basic MySQLdump on db table fail with "Permission denied",or else it creates a zero KB fileReindl Harald29 Dec
        • Re: (off topic) why PATHhsv1 Jan
          • Re: (off topic) why PATHReindl Harald1 Jan
            • Re: (off topic) why PATHClaudio Nanni1 Jan
              • Re: (off topic) why PATHReindl Harald1 Jan
              • Re: (off topic) why PATHJohan De Meersman1 Jan
                • Re: (off topic) why PATHClaudio Nanni1 Jan
                  • Re: (off topic) why PATHReindl Harald1 Jan
                    • Re: (off topic) why PATHClaudio Nanni1 Jan
                      • Re: (off topic) why PATHReindl Harald1 Jan
                • Re: (off topic) why PATHReindl Harald1 Jan
Re: why does basic MySQLdump on db table fail with "Permission denied", or else it creates a zero KB fileJan Steinman31 Dec
  • Re: why does basic MySQLdump on db table fail with "Permission denied",or else it creates a zero KB fileReindl Harald31 Dec
  • Re: why does basic MySQLdump on db table fail with "Permission denied", or else it creates a zero KB fileGovinda1 Jan
    • Re: why does basic MySQLdump on db table fail with "Permission denied", or else it creates a zero KB fileJan Steinman2 Jan
      • Re: why does basic MySQLdump on db table fail with "Permission denied", or else it creates a zero KB fileGovinda3 Jan
        • Re: why does basic MySQLdump on db table fail with "Permissiondenied", or else it creates a zero KB filehsv4 Jan
          • Re: why does basic MySQLdump on db table fail with "Permission denied", or else it creates a zero KB fileGovinda4 Jan
Re: (off topic) why PATHJan Steinman4 Jan
  • Re: (off topic) why PATHReindl Harald4 Jan