List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:(Hal Date:December 27 2011 11:53pm
Subject:Re: errors running WHILE loop
View as plain text
>>>> 2011/12/27 18:13 +0000, Mark Haney >>>>
So, what the heck is going on here?  I'm at the end of my wits.
<<<<<<<<
I suspect that you have to make the block delimiter something other than semicolon, and
set the block in a routine or trigger.

Semicolon terminates SQL routine statements, after PL1. If the block delimiter also is
semicolon, parsing the block begins too early. In many examples of routine declaration it
is changed to //, or another string not found in the block or routine. I often use
question mark, but, of course, that is useless in case of "PREPARE".

Thread
errors running WHILE loopMark Haney27 Dec
  • Re: errors running WHILE loophsv27 Dec
  • Re: errors running WHILE loopPeter Brawley28 Dec