List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sharl.Jimh.Tsin Date:December 24 2011 3:32pm
Subject:how to make MyISAM as default engine for MySQL 5.6.4?
View as plain text
hello,all:
today,i download the latest source tarball of MySQL 5.6.x branch,and
build it from source for myself.
first,i configure it with "WITH_INNOBASE_STORAGE_ENGINE:BOOL=OFF"
flag,after that,i start mysqld failed,it returns "[ERROR]
Unknown/unsupported storage engine: InnoDB" error message.

and i rebuild it with INNODB engine enabled,it works.but when i add
"|ignore-builtin-innodb|" option to my.cnf file,and also make myisam as
the default engine with "default-storage-engine=MyISAM" in my.cnf.the
server start failed again,error is "[ERROR] Unknown/unsupported storage
engine: InnoDB".

so,i just want to know that how to disable INNODB fully in 5.6.4,and
make myisam default?

any reply is wanted!! thanks~

--
Best regards,
Sharl.Jimh.Tsin (From China **Obviously Taiwan INCLUDED**)

Using Gmail? Please read this important notice:
http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/jstrap/gmail?10073.

Thread
how to make MyISAM as default engine for MySQL 5.6.4?Sharl.Jimh.Tsin24 Dec
  • Re: how to make MyISAM as default engine for MySQL 5.6.4?Suresh Kuna24 Dec
    • Re: how to make MyISAM as default engine for MySQL 5.6.4?Sharl.Jimh.Tsin24 Dec