List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:(Hal Date:December 19 2011 11:51pm
Subject:Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statements
View as plain text
Anyway, I just thought I would share. BTW I experimented, and innoDB does updates and
fires off update triggers for REPLACE statements, but MyISAM does delete/inserts.
<<<<<<<<
Thank you. Which version?

Well, then the documentation is wrong: it is indeed visible to the user which happens.

And what would innoDB do in this case, UNIQUE index X1 and UNIQUE index X2, with a VARCHAR
f, too,

X1 X2 f
 1  2 a
 2  3 b

and one REPLACEs with (2, 2, 'b')? (Earlier in the section such a situation is referred
to.) Delete one and UPDATE the other?

User beware!

Thread
UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementsJim McNeely17 Dec
  • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementshsv18 Dec
  • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementsClaudio Nanni18 Dec
    • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementsJim McNeely19 Dec
    • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementsJim McNeely19 Dec
      • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementsClaudio Nanni19 Dec
        • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementsJim McNeely19 Dec
          • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementshsv20 Dec
      • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementshsv19 Dec
        • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementsJim McNeely19 Dec
          • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementshsv23 Jan