List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim McNeely Date:December 19 2011 5:10pm
Subject:Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statements
View as plain text
Perfect!! This is the answer I was looking for. Thanks! I didn't know about this.

Jim McNeely

On Dec 18, 2011, at 11:26 AM, Claudio Nanni wrote:

> Only if you can change the application you could use INSERT....ON DUPLICATE KEY
> UPDATE  instead of REPLACE.
>
> Check Peter's post here: http://kae.li/iiigi
>
> Cheers
>
> Claudio
>

> 2011/12/17 Jim McNeely <jim@stripped>
> Here is a fun one!
>
> I have a set of tables that get populated and changed a lot from lots of REPLACE
> statements. Now, I need an ON UPDATE trigger, but of course the trigger never gets
> triggered because REPLACES are all deletes and inserts.
>
> The trigger is going to populate another table as a queue for a system to do
> something whenever a particular field changes.
>
> SO, does anyone have some slick idea how to handle this little dilemma? I have an
> idea but I have a feeling there is something better out there.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jim McNeely

> Claudio

Thread
UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementsJim McNeely17 Dec
  • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementshsv18 Dec
  • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementsClaudio Nanni18 Dec
    • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementsJim McNeely19 Dec
    • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementsJim McNeely19 Dec
      • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementsClaudio Nanni19 Dec
        • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementsJim McNeely19 Dec
          • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementshsv20 Dec
      • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementshsv19 Dec
        • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementsJim McNeely19 Dec
          • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementshsv23 Jan