List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Claudio Nanni Date:December 18 2011 7:26pm
Subject:Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statements
View as plain text
Only if you can change the application you could use INSERT....ON DUPLICATE
KEY UPDATE  instead of REPLACE.

Check Peter's post here: http://kae.li/iiigi

Cheers

Claudio

2011/12/17 Jim McNeely <jim@stripped>

> Here is a fun one!
>
> I have a set of tables that get populated and changed a lot from lots of
> REPLACE statements. Now, I need an ON UPDATE trigger, but of course the
> trigger never gets triggered because REPLACES are all deletes and inserts.
>
> The trigger is going to populate another table as a queue for a system to
> do something whenever a particular field changes.
>
> SO, does anyone have some slick idea how to handle this little dilemma? I
> have an idea but I have a feeling there is something better out there.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jim McNeely

Claudio

Thread
UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementsJim McNeely17 Dec
  • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementshsv18 Dec
  • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementsClaudio Nanni18 Dec
    • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementsJim McNeely19 Dec
    • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementsJim McNeely19 Dec
      • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementsClaudio Nanni19 Dec
        • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementsJim McNeely19 Dec
          • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementshsv20 Dec
      • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementshsv19 Dec
        • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementsJim McNeely19 Dec
          • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementshsv23 Jan