List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:lourenstcc Date:December 18 2011 5:17pm
Subject:::1 root entry in mysql.user
View as plain text
Hi,

I installed mysql for mac os x. Now I am inspecting mysql.user and I
see entries for root which I am not to confident with.
On a debian installation there is no host=::1 entry
Can you explain this entry? (Could I have inadvertantly made it myself?)

Here:
mysql> select user, host, password from mysql.user;
+-----------+----------------+-------------------------------------------+
| user      | host           | password                                  |
+-----------+----------------+-------------------------------------------+
| root      | localhost      |   |
| root      | mbprebel.local |   |
| root      | 127.0.0.1      |    |
| root      | ::1            |                                           |

Thanks,

Lourens
Thread
::1 root entry in mysql.userlourenstcc18 Dec
  • Re: ::1 root entry in mysql.userReindl Harald18 Dec
  • Re: ::1 root entry in mysql.userAntony T Curtis18 Dec