List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim McNeely Date:December 17 2011 12:00am
Subject:UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statements
View as plain text
Here is a fun one!

I have a set of tables that get populated and changed a lot from lots of REPLACE
statements. Now, I need an ON UPDATE trigger, but of course the trigger never gets
triggered because REPLACES are all deletes and inserts.

The trigger is going to populate another table as a queue for a system to do something
whenever a particular field changes.

SO, does anyone have some slick idea how to handle this little dilemma? I have an idea but
I have a feeling there is something better out there.

Thanks!

Jim McNeely
Thread
UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementsJim McNeely17 Dec
  • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementshsv18 Dec
  • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementsClaudio Nanni18 Dec
    • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementsJim McNeely19 Dec
    • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementsJim McNeely19 Dec
      • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementsClaudio Nanni19 Dec
        • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementsJim McNeely19 Dec
          • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementshsv20 Dec
      • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementshsv19 Dec
        • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementsJim McNeely19 Dec
          • Re: UPDATE triggers with REPLACE statementshsv23 Jan