List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:December 15 2011 6:02pm
Subject:Re: 'myisam_use_mmap' unstable like hell
View as plain text
this is NOT a memory issue

'myisam_use_mmap' in mysqld is buggy since a long time
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=48726

we are speaking of a HP ProLiant DL 380G7 in a VMware-Cluster
with 36 GB ECC-RAM while there are machines using InnoDB
with 'large-pages' and some GB buffer_pool_size on the same
host and not about some customer hardware

Am 15.12.2011 18:22, schrieb Andrés Tello:
> When I had memory issues, with something relatively stable, mostly is due
> faulty ram...
>
> Can you use or less ram or change fisically the ram?
>
> On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 2:23 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@stripped>wrote:
>
>> Am 15.12.2011 08:47, schrieb Rob Wultsch:
>>> To be brutally honest, if you want stability you should
>>> not be using MyISAM
>>
>> this is bullshit
>>
>> without 'myisam_use_mmap' i never saw mysqld crashing
>> in the past 10 years, independent of the storage engine
>>
>>> much less a not particularly commonly used feature.
>>
>> mmap is not rocket science, so i do not understnd why this
>> is not properly debugged and DEFAULT on

'myisam_use_mmap' unstable like hellReindl Harald24 Nov
  • Fwd: 'myisam_use_mmap' unstable like hellReindl Harald24 Nov
    • Re: 'myisam_use_mmap' unstable like hellRob Wultsch15 Dec
      • Re: 'myisam_use_mmap' unstable like hellReindl Harald15 Dec
        • Re: 'myisam_use_mmap' unstable like hellAndrĂ©s Tello15 Dec
          • Re: 'myisam_use_mmap' unstable like hellReindl Harald15 Dec
            • Re: 'myisam_use_mmap' unstable like hellPaul DuBois15 Dec
              • Re: 'myisam_use_mmap' unstable like hellReindl Harald15 Dec