List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rudolf Lippan Date:December 13 2011 4:13am
Subject:Re: Writing Arabic Text to a DataBase with Perl
View as plain text
On Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 04:20:25 PM, Jon Forsyth wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I hope someone can help me solve this.  I am trying to write 2 string
> values to separate fields of the same row in a mysql DB table using the
> Perl Module DBD::mysql.  One string value is of English letters, while the

You can have the DBI give you debugging information:

DBI->trace(9);

> ---
> $dbh->do("INSERT INTO bama_xml (token_Arabic, variant) VALUES
> ('$arab','$engl');");

You really should be using placeholders. Something like,

$dbh->do ("... VALUES (? ?)"), {}, $arab, $engl);

-r
Thread
Writing Arabic Text to a DataBase with PerlJon Forsyth10 Dec
  • Re: Writing Arabic Text to a DataBase with Perlhsv13 Dec
  • Re: Writing Arabic Text to a DataBase with PerlRudolf Lippan13 Dec
Re: Writing Arabic Text to a DataBase with PerlJon Forsyth13 Dec
  • Re: Writing Arabic Text to a DataBase with PerlShiva13 Dec