List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:December 4 2011 8:50pm
Subject:Re: the best way compare String
View as plain text
you THINK the engine is? WTF?

fulltext if you need fulltext-search
please read the manuals i linked!

Am 04.12.2011 21:20, schrieb Rafael Valenzuela:
> Hi Reindl,
> Thanks for your quick answer, but i think  the engine is MySAM but I'm not
> sure, What type of index recomendais me, unique, full-text, etc..?
> Thanks a lot
>
> 2011/12/4 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@stripped>
>

>> Am 04.12.2011 20:25, schrieb Rafael Valenzuela:
>>> Hi all,
>>> In one query,  I am comparing a string with a 'like=%patron%', but is
>> very
>>> slow and expensive .What is the best way to compare a string? like or
>>> regular expression?
>>> The data base is too big table 1TB, any idea?
>>> thanks a lot
>>
>> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/fulltext-search.html
>>
>> without indexes is big tables is no fast search possible
>> if you are useing innodb you have currently lost

the best way compare StringRafael Valenzuela4 Dec
  • Re: the best way compare StringReindl Harald4 Dec
    • Re: the best way compare StringRafael Valenzuela4 Dec
      • Re: the best way compare StringReindl Harald4 Dec
        • Re: the best way compare StringBasil Daoust5 Dec
  • Re: the best way compare StringShiva4 Dec
    • Re: the best way compare StringAndrĂ©s Tello5 Dec
      • Re: the best way compare StringRafael Valenzuela5 Dec
  • Re: the best way compare Stringhsv5 Dec