List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:December 4 2011 7:33pm
Subject:Re: the best way compare String
View as plain text

Am 04.12.2011 20:25, schrieb Rafael Valenzuela:
> Hi all,
> In one query,  I am comparing a string with a 'like=%patron%', but is very
> slow and expensive .What is the best way to compare a string? like or
> regular expression?
> The data base is too big table 1TB, any idea?
> thanks a lot

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/fulltext-search.html

without indexes is big tables is no fast search possible
if you are useing innodb you have currently lost

the best way compare StringRafael Valenzuela4 Dec
  • Re: the best way compare StringReindl Harald4 Dec
    • Re: the best way compare StringRafael Valenzuela4 Dec
      • Re: the best way compare StringReindl Harald4 Dec
        • Re: the best way compare StringBasil Daoust5 Dec
  • Re: the best way compare StringShiva4 Dec
    • Re: the best way compare StringAndrĂ©s Tello5 Dec
      • Re: the best way compare StringRafael Valenzuela5 Dec
  • Re: the best way compare Stringhsv5 Dec