List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:December 1 2011 6:36pm
Subject:Re: Use of Swap Memroy
View as plain text

Am 01.12.2011 18:56, schrieb Stdranwl:
> Hi, will it help to use swap memory on MYSQL's VM. We are in planning to
> use 10GB RAM and  10 GB as swap on a perticular server? thanx

SWAP is always bad and should only be a reserve

so normally you should have as much memory as needed for the application
(per-connections-buffersxmac_connetions, key_buffer_size, buffer_pool)
and 20-40% reserve, additional i wuld recommend 1-2 GB SWAP to help the
OS in stress-situations

but never, independent for which service, you should see SWAp as additional
memory because if it is heavily used/needed the performance will suck

Use of Swap MemroyStdranwl1 Dec
  • Re: Use of Swap MemroyReindl Harald1 Dec
    • Re: Use of Swap MemroyStdranwl1 Dec
      • Re: Use of Swap MemroyReindl Harald1 Dec