List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:November 30 2011 9:46pm
Subject:Re: [MySQL] innodb_file_per_table / apple workers and logic
View as plain text

Am 30.11.2011 19:13, schrieb Karen Abgarian:
> Hi.... inline there.
>
> On 30.11.2011, at 0:16, Reindl Harald wrote:
>

>>> Most people do not expect a gas tank to shrink once the
>>> gas is consumed...right?
>>
>> WHO THE FUCK is comparing computers with a gas tank?
> Well, I do.  I even managed to do it without using foul language.

what answer do you expect comparing a database with a gas tank
while the gas tank is the hard-drive? if i take some gas out of
the tank (hard-drive)  i expect that there is space for new one

> There are a lot of things in this life to be upset about.  Empty gas tanks is one
> thing.
> But I would not spill all that frustration on the very first person I meet on the
> net.

my frustration is people like you comparing a database with a gas tank
while not understand that the gas tank is the underlying hard-disk

if you stop make laughable comparison you will not get back frustration

> Taking the logical part of what was said above, there existed a database that
> possibly was able to save the space by using files_per_table.   Does this somehow
> mean that there are no other databases in the world?

have i said this?

a default which makes it unable to free no longer used space
is dumb not more and not less

help needed restoring crashed mysqlLuis Pugoy29 Nov
  • Re: help needed restoring crashed mysqlReindl Harald29 Nov
    • Re: help needed restoring crashed mysqlKaren Abgarian29 Nov
      • Re: help needed restoring crashed mysqlClaudio Nanni29 Nov
      • Re: help needed restoring crashed mysqlReindl Harald29 Nov
        • Re: help needed restoring crashed mysqlKaren Abgarian30 Nov
          • Re: help needed restoring crashed mysqlReindl Harald30 Nov
            • Re: help needed restoring crashed mysqlKaren Abgarian30 Nov
              • [MySQL] innodb_file_per_table / apple workers and logicReindl Harald30 Nov
                • Re: [MySQL] innodb_file_per_table / apple workers and logicJohan De Meersman30 Nov
                • Re: [MySQL] innodb_file_per_table / apple workers and logicKaren Abgarian30 Nov
                  • Re: [MySQL] innodb_file_per_table / apple workers and logicReindl Harald30 Nov
                    • Re: [MySQL] innodb_file_per_table / apple workers and logicMySQL)1 Dec
                      • Re: [MySQL] innodb_file_per_table / apple workers and logicKaren Abgarian1 Dec
              • Re: help needed restoring crashed mysqlReindl Harald30 Nov
        • Re: help needed restoring crashed mysqlhsv30 Nov