List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:November 30 2011 5:03pm
Subject:Re: Global Variables
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Stdranwl" <stdranwl@stripped>
> So then no use of setting 3G sort buffer in my.cnf untill system will
> take a rebot?
> I was in the impression that 10M will be used and it will be
> scratched to 3G whenever required as same is set globally?

No, you've got it the wrong way round. When a new client connects, it's session variables
are initialised from the global values. Thus, if your global value is 3G, new clients will
get a session value of 3G.

If your appplication or the client subsequently decides to set the session value to 10M,
*then* it will be 10M.

Open a new terminal and make a new connection, then look at the session variables. If
they're still different from the global value, something is setting them upon connect.
Check for a .my.cnf file in your homedir, aliases or wrapper scripts for the mysql client,

Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn
Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel
Global VariablesStdranwl30 Nov
  • Re: Global VariablesReindl Harald30 Nov
Re: Global VariablesReindl Harald30 Nov
  • Re: Global VariablesJohan De Meersman30 Nov
    • Re: Global VariablesRik Wasmus30 Nov
Re: Global VariablesStdranwl30 Nov