List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stdranwl Date:November 30 2011 3:38pm
Subject:Re: Global Variables
View as plain text
Ok it is fine ..... but I just wanted to to know on following:
Let say sort_buffer_size is set 10 M and Globally it is set 3G so how it
will be used?

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 8:47 PM, Paul DuBois <paul.dubois@stripped> wrote:

> On Nov 30, 2011, at 4:04 AM, Stdranwl wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > I can see different values when I run show global variables like
> > ............. && show variables like .........? could any body please
> > revert me on the scope and how they works?
>

> These sections of the MySQL manual may be of interest:
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/using-system-variables.html
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/show-variables.html
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/set-option.html
>
> Individual variable descriptions are here:
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/server-system-variables.html
>
> "Dynamic" means a variable can be set at runtime with SET.
>
> --
> Paul DuBois
> Oracle Corporation / MySQL Documentation Team
> Madison, Wisconsin, USA
> www.mysql.com

Thread
Global VariablesStdranwl30 Nov
  • Re: Global VariablesReindl Harald30 Nov
Re: Global VariablesReindl Harald30 Nov
  • Re: Global VariablesJohan De Meersman30 Nov
    • Re: Global VariablesRik Wasmus30 Nov
Re: Global VariablesStdranwl30 Nov