List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:November 30 2011 8:16am
Subject:[MySQL] innodb_file_per_table / apple workers and logic
View as plain text
Am 30.11.2011 03:13, schrieb Karen Abgarian (abvk@stripped):
> The concept is not difficult to explain.

the defaults should not needed to bex explained
they should be expected

> Most people do not expect a gas tank to shrink once the
> gas is consumed...right?

WHO THE FUCK is comparing computers with a gas tank?

> I didn't have a pleasure to use dbmail.   I presume it does something with mail
> users.
> Thinking logically,  if I got rid of my biggest mail user, I might eventually get
> another user,
> even bigger one, which would consume the same space vacated by the deceased user.
> So why would I want to give up the space then?

sorry but this is bullshit and can only come from @apple.com workers
which is the comapny who sold over years much to expensive X-Serve
with f**ng "Hitatchi Deskstar" disks and it seems you have never seen
a real computer with server-hardware nor had to pay one

as we migrated to dbmail our mail-volume was the double size as
now two years later because there was one customer exceeding
all limits and on the old machines where no quotas and we
decided to get rid of him because this and other reasons

and better do not start a braindead discussion why there was no
quotas because the old machine was a apple x-serve with a f**ing
eudora mail server and was migrated by me to a real server and
it was not my decision use your companies crap much too long

fact is that because using files_per_table i could reduce the datasize
to the half and on the slave is running a weekly backup and one
"last-week" accessable via imap for imapsync

so we have only here FOR copies of the data
additionally a daily offsite-backup is running
oh and not to forget: VMware-Data-Recovery

and last but not list two external 4 TB disks (full encrypted), one inhouse
and one outside to cover cases where the SAN storage or whatever is damaged

> If the people do not have the knowledge to do exports/imports, the brand new
> and cool file management feature will not help them either.

damned we are speaking about DEFAULTS making life hard or not so hard

> Essentially, the instructions how to use that feature are written in the same book
> as the instructions how to do export/imports.  If we consider it as given that
> people
> would never read, it is a dead end.

and apple is one of the companies which are resposible that more and
more braindead zombies are runnin out there by telling the world that
nobody should have to read any documentation - and now your arguments
are "it is a dead end" -> well, it's your companies philosophy

help needed restoring crashed mysqlLuis Pugoy29 Nov
  • Re: help needed restoring crashed mysqlReindl Harald29 Nov
    • Re: help needed restoring crashed mysqlKaren Abgarian29 Nov
      • Re: help needed restoring crashed mysqlClaudio Nanni29 Nov
      • Re: help needed restoring crashed mysqlReindl Harald29 Nov
        • Re: help needed restoring crashed mysqlKaren Abgarian30 Nov
          • Re: help needed restoring crashed mysqlReindl Harald30 Nov
            • Re: help needed restoring crashed mysqlKaren Abgarian30 Nov
              • [MySQL] innodb_file_per_table / apple workers and logicReindl Harald30 Nov
                • Re: [MySQL] innodb_file_per_table / apple workers and logicJohan De Meersman30 Nov
                • Re: [MySQL] innodb_file_per_table / apple workers and logicKaren Abgarian30 Nov
                  • Re: [MySQL] innodb_file_per_table / apple workers and logicReindl Harald30 Nov
                    • Re: [MySQL] innodb_file_per_table / apple workers and logicMySQL)1 Dec
                      • Re: [MySQL] innodb_file_per_table / apple workers and logicKaren Abgarian1 Dec
              • Re: help needed restoring crashed mysqlReindl Harald30 Nov
        • Re: help needed restoring crashed mysqlhsv30 Nov