List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Yves Goergen Date:November 26 2011 2:40pm
Subject:Re: Restore data from MySQL data files
View as plain text
I found that the database I was primarily interested in only had a
MyISAM table (.myd and .myi file), nothing in InnoDB. So I first copied
over that database directory to my other MySQL instance and restarted
it. MySQL Workbench hang a bit when expanding its tree, so I dropped the
database, recreated it and then copied the table in and restarted. Works
fine now. I have restored the database in this way on the new server
machine and the application works again. :-)

Next time we'll have a more reliable backup...

--
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel" <nospam.list@stripped>
Restore data from MySQL data filesYves Goergen9 Nov