List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Machiel Richards - Gmail Date:November 25 2011 1:20pm
Subject:Fwd: Question relating to transactions on innodb tables.
View as plain text

Hi All

         Just a quick question relating to the use of transactions on
innodb tables.

         We are doing some archiving on some innodb tables, however
there seems to be some issues somewhere in the process with data not
being updated accordingly.

         We would like to make use of transactions for this , in order
to allow us to roll back on changes if the after checks does not correspond.

         What I am trying to find out is whether a transaction will
cause the locks to be handled as table locks or will it be row level locks?

Regards
Machiel

Thread
Fwd: Question relating to transactions on innodb tables.Machiel Richards - Gmail25 Nov
  • Re: Question relating to transactions on innodb tables.Reindl Harald25 Nov