List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:November 24 2011 3:19pm
Subject:Re: Data file for MyISAM engine
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Yu Watanabe" <yu.watanabe@stripped>
>
> So, which memory corresponds to 'pages' for the MyISAM then?
> It would be helpful if you can help me with this.

None, as Reindl said. This is not a memory issue, it's a function of I/O optimization.
Records are stored in pages, and pages are composed of multiple disk blocks. The database
reads or writes only entire pages, in order to better use the system's disk throughput.

This is a reasonably advanced topic, so don't try to mess with block and page sizes if you
don't know the fine details :-)

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn
        • Re: Data file for MyISAM engineYu Watanabe24 Nov
          • Re: Data file for MyISAM engineReindl Harald24 Nov
          • Re: Data file for MyISAM engineJohan De Meersman24 Nov