List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Yu Watanabe Date:November 24 2011 9:46am
Subject:Re: Data file for MyISAM engine
View as plain text
Hi Reindl.

Thanks for the reply.

So, which memory corresponds to 'pages' for the MyISAM then?
It would be helpful if you can help me with this.

Thanks,
Yu

Reindl Harald さんは書きました:
>key buffer is memory and has nothing to do with file sizes
>filesize increeases by data and keys
>key buffer is as the name says a memory-buffer for kyes
>
>Am 24.11.2011 10:25, schrieb Yu Watanabe:
>> Hello Johan.
>>
>> Thank you for the reply.
>> I see. So it will depend on the key buffer size.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Yu
>>
>> Johan De Meersman さんは書きました:

since
>> storage allocation happens based off pages, not records, increases will only
> happed when the existing pages are filling up.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Bier met grenadyn
>>> Is als mosterd by den wyn
>>> Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
>>> Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>--
>
>Mit besten Grusen, Reindl Harald
>the lounge interactive design GmbH
>A-1060 Vienna, Hofmuhlgasse 17
>CTO / software-development / cms-solutions
>p: +43 (1) 595 3999 33, m: +43 (676) 40 221 40
>icq: 154546673, http://www.thelounge.net/
>
>http://www.thelounge.net/signature.asc.what.htm

Thread
Data file for MyISAM engineYu Watanabe23 Nov
  • Re: Data file for MyISAM engineJohan De Meersman23 Nov
    • Re: Data file for MyISAM engineClaudio Nanni23 Nov
      • Re: Data file for MyISAM enginemos23 Nov
    • Re: Data file for MyISAM engineYu Watanabe24 Nov
      • Re: Data file for MyISAM engineReindl Harald24 Nov
        • Re: Data file for MyISAM engineYu Watanabe24 Nov
          • Re: Data file for MyISAM engineReindl Harald24 Nov
          • Re: Data file for MyISAM engineJohan De Meersman24 Nov