List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:November 23 2011 3:30pm
Subject:Re: Data file for MyISAM engine
View as plain text
At 02:45 AM 11/23/2011, you wrote:
>Also,
>since MySQL 5.1 MyISAM has an algorythm to detect if you are going to
>delete a row without ever reading it,
>so when you insert it, it will use the blackhole storage engine instead.
>  :O   (NB: it is a joke)
>
>Claudio

Claudio,
       I have been using the blackhole storage engine for archiving
my important data for the past 3 years, and I must say it is
extremely fast and its compression level is fantastic. All 2.5 TB of
data that I archived can fit on a single DVD.  My boss is really impressed.

Mike
(joking)

>2011/11/23 Johan De Meersman <vegivamp@stripped>

Thread
Data file for MyISAM engineYu Watanabe23 Nov
  • Re: Data file for MyISAM engineJohan De Meersman23 Nov
    • Re: Data file for MyISAM engineClaudio Nanni23 Nov
      • Re: Data file for MyISAM enginemos23 Nov
    • Re: Data file for MyISAM engineYu Watanabe24 Nov
      • Re: Data file for MyISAM engineReindl Harald24 Nov
        • Re: Data file for MyISAM engineYu Watanabe24 Nov
          • Re: Data file for MyISAM engineReindl Harald24 Nov
          • Re: Data file for MyISAM engineJohan De Meersman24 Nov