List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Mueller Date:November 19 2011 1:08pm
Subject:Re: Uninstall MySql Service
View as plain text
There is good advice by Rob Allen at
http://akrabat.com/computing/uninstalling-mysql-on-mac-os-x-leopard/
for the Mac

To uninstall MySQL and completely remove it (including all databases) from
your Mac do the following:

* Use mysqldump to backup your databases to text files!
* Stop the database server
* sudo rm /usr/local/mysql
* sudo rm -rf /usr/local/mysql*
* sudo rm -rf /Library/StartupItems/MySQLCOM
* sudo rm -rf /Library/PreferencePanes/My*
* edit /etc/hostconfig and remove the line MYSQLCOM=-YES-
* rm -rf ~/Library/PreferencePanes/My*
* sudo rm -rf /Library/Receipts/mysql*
* sudo rm -rf /Library/Receipts/MySQL*
* sudo rm -rf /private/var/db/receipts/*mysql*

Perhaps it will work with Windows, mutatis mutandis