List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Mueller Date:November 19 2011 1:08pm
Subject:Re: Uninstall MySql Service
View as plain text
There is good advice by Rob Allen at
for the Mac

To uninstall MySQL and completely remove it (including all databases) from
your Mac do the following:

* Use mysqldump to backup your databases to text files!
* Stop the database server
* sudo rm /usr/local/mysql
* sudo rm -rf /usr/local/mysql*
* sudo rm -rf /Library/StartupItems/MySQLCOM
* sudo rm -rf /Library/PreferencePanes/My*
* edit /etc/hostconfig and remove the line MYSQLCOM=-YES-
* rm -rf ~/Library/PreferencePanes/My*
* sudo rm -rf /Library/Receipts/mysql*
* sudo rm -rf /Library/Receipts/MySQL*
* sudo rm -rf /private/var/db/receipts/*mysql*

Perhaps it will work with Windows, mutatis mutandis

On 11/19/11 12:29 AM, "AndrewMcHorney" <andrewmchorney@stripped> wrote:

>I want to completely reinstall my sql server due to prior install
>issues. How can you uninstall the MySql service? I am running under
>window 7.
>MySQL General Mailing List
>For list archives:
>To unsubscribe:

Uninstall MySql ServiceAndrewMcHorney19 Nov
  • Re: Uninstall MySql ServiceMartin Mueller19 Nov
    • Re: Uninstall MySql ServiceReindl Harald19 Nov