List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Nuno Tavares Date:November 18 2011 11:44am
Subject:Re: Script need for dropping databases
View as plain text
Hi <unknown>,

Have a look at database information_schema.TABLES:

SELECT * FROM information_schema.TABLES WHERE TABLE_SCHEMA='<database>';

As long as your MySQL version is >= 5.1, you don't need a cron script,
you can use the MySQL scheduler, create a stored procedure that will run
each month. You'll need to use prepared statements, something like this:

http://gpshumano.blogs.dri.pt/2009/09/06/automatically-cleaning-up-spam-wordpress-comments/

-NT

Em 18-11-2011 08:02, a bv escreveu:
> Hi,
> I have a linux box running mysql plus  phpmyadmin  which has tables
> getting montly data and when a new month starts a new table is
> created. I want to store only 2 years of data  so when a new month
> starts  i need to drop the table which became the data container of 2
> years previous data. So to make this job auto, i need a linux/mysql
> script which will run on cron etc . Can you please help me
> for a correct script ? (i cant say im a database guy :-)
>

> Regards

Thread
Script need for dropping databasesa bv18 Nov
  • Re: Script need for dropping databasesMohan L18 Nov
  • Re: Script need for dropping databasesNuno Tavares18 Nov