List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:November 18 2011 10:08am
Subject:Re: how do I make utf8 the default encoding for my MySQL installation
View as plain text

Am 18.11.2011 04:31, schrieb Martin Mueller:
> [mysqld]
> init_connect=’SET collation_connection = utf8_general_ci’
> init_connect=’SET NAMES utf8′
> default-character-set=utf8
> character-set-server=utf8
> collation-server=utf8_general_ci
> skip-character-set-client-handshake

> On a Mac with MySQL 5.5.17 this produces the error
>  [ERROR] /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld: unknown variable
> 'default-character-set=utf8'

character-set-server = utf8
collation-server     = utf8_general_ci

and done

"default-character-set" is an older option, was long time deprecated
and removed - you should NEVER paste options in your configs only
because some random guy say they do what you want before you
read the manuals what they are doing

ibdata1 and undo logKay [DAS] Rozeboom16 Nov
  • Re: ibdata1 and undo logJohan De Meersman17 Nov
    • how do I make utf8 the default encoding for my MySQL installationMartin Mueller18 Nov
      • Re: how do I make utf8 the default encoding for my MySQL installationDuane Hill18 Nov
      • Re: how do I make utf8 the default encoding for my MySQL installationReindl Harald18 Nov
    • RE: ibdata1 and undo logKay [DAS] Rozeboom18 Nov
      • Re: ibdata1 and undo logJohan De Meersman19 Nov