List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:November 17 2011 2:11pm
Subject:Re: Can't run MySQL under Cygwin : connect to server at 'localhost'
failed (only when using password)
View as plain text

Am 17.11.2011 15:02, schrieb Franck Houssen:
> $ mysql -u dummy -p (when I hit "return" as a password => connection OK)
> Enter password:
> Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
> mysql> show tables;
> ERROR 1046 (3D000): No database selected
> mysql> quit
> Bye
>
> $ mysql -u dummy -p (when I type a real password : dummy, YES... or anything else)
> ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'dummy'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
> $

well this is not a connection problem
your permissions in the mysql-user-tables are wrong

remember that "localhost" is not the same as "127.0.0.1" and acess is
granted by user/host/password combinations or not since you have
in all permissions records a field for "host"

Can't run MySQL under Cygwin : connect to server at 'localhost'failed (only when using password)Franck Houssen17 Nov
  • Re: Can't run MySQL under Cygwin : connect to server at 'localhost'failed (only when using password)Reindl Harald17 Nov
  • Can't run MySQL under Cygwin : connect to server at 'localhost'failed (only when using password)Franck Houssen18 Nov
    • Re: Can't run MySQL under Cygwin : connect to server at 'localhost'failed (only when using password)Reindl Harald18 Nov
    • Re: Can't run MySQL under Cygwin : connect to server at 'localhost'failed (only when using password)Basil Daoust19 Nov
      • Re: Can't run MySQL under Cygwin : connect to server at 'localhost'failed (only when using password)Bruce Ferrell19 Nov